Friday, October 28, 2011

"Wise Sayings and Principles of College Ministry" - Part 1

This the first in a series I will be posting. I plan to post during the series about twenty principles and wise sayings that float around among experienced college ministers. No one knows who said them first and there would not be unanimous agreement that all are true. Many you likely have heard and some probably you have not.
1. It takes 3 years to get your ministry going to it's full capacity or for it to become your own.

2. A meeting space will only fill to 80% capacity on a regular basis.

3. Once students have been inside your regular meeting place, they are more likely to come back.

More to come...your comments or submissions invited!
Arliss

1 comment:

  1. I think there is a corollary to the 80% rule. If you are not at least 60% of capacity you won't attract any more students. College students want to be a part of something that is growing and moving forward and empty seats are a reflection that that is not happening. If I am expecting 100 students at a meeting I really do not want any more than 120 chairs. I don't want it to feel crowded, just full.

    ReplyDelete