1. Not realizing a great school year is built in the summer and therefore not having a plan for the summer.
2. Changing what you do every year or never changing or tweaking what you do.
3. Giving students responsibility without accountability.
4. Thinking you can or should build a ministry by yourself.
5. Expecting something from students that you don't model.
6. Not starting where students are or not respecting where they are even if you don't agree.
7. Not having a specialized Freshmen ministry or at least a specialized freshmen season.