1. Thinking if your ministry is not the largest, it is of no value or failing.
2. Talking a student into taking a leadership position. Usually, you will have to keep talking them into doing it and/or they will quit when you need them most.
3. Hiring someone because of their great resume, but you have no sense of positive chemistry between the two of you.
4. Giving the appearance of playing favorites among the students.
5. Not being aware of how your meetings with students of the opposite sex "appears". You can be totally appropriate, but not look appropriate.
6. Posting stupid stuff on Facebook and Twitter (politics, etc) and no, I don't want to play Candy Crush.
7. Thinking that one bad event or bad week dooms your ministry.
8. Thinking one good event or week has made your ministry.
9. Thinking the outside appearance of a Campus Center does not matter (yard, shrubs, trees, etc). For many, the only impression they have of your ministry is what they see as they pass by.