Friday, April 26, 2013

Evaluating Your Ministry at the End of the School Year

As school begins to come to an end, there can be relief, sadness or sometimes just sheer joy!

But, whatever your feeling, there needs to be evaluation, before it gets too cold. Here are some questions to ask?

-How did our leadership do in owning the ministry and therefore giving it their best?

-Did I utilize volunteers in the best possible way?

-Were my personal strengths or gifts utilized to the max?

-Was the "Quality" of our large group event what it needs to be?

-Which group did we do best with or neglect...the strongly committed or the fringe or non-believers?

-What was the strength or greatest success of our ministry this year?

-What was the greatest weakness of our ministry this year?

-Who is one student I saw God move in their life this year that I need to celebrate?

Remember: Good falls are made in the summer!



1 comment:

  1. I do agree that good falls are made in the summer. Good planning will make your fall go smoothly.

    I think one point is slightly disagree on is leaders owning the ministry. I think that a good ministry is run by lay people, and that the leaders simply help guide their work.

    One thing I would add is to allow time this summer to pray about the direction that God would have your ministry take this next year.

    ReplyDelete