Thursday, April 4, 2013

Leadership Mentoring Books for College Ministry

I was asked yesterday what were some good books for mentoring your leaders. Here are 3 possibilities:

Habitudes by Tim Elmore. I have heard more College Ministers mention this one than any other. One told me he thought it was particularly good with athletes.

Wired for Influence by Tim Elmore was part of a series that Tim did for Lifeway a number of years ago. I still see it pop up on Amazon. So, you can find it there.

Two that I like and have used with my Presidents in our weekly one on one meeting are:
The 21 indispensable Qualities of a Leader by John Maxwell
The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership by John Maxwell
Also, I would do one law of either one of these each week in our Freshmen Leadership Team meeting.

By the way, Tim Elmore put together the John Maxwell Leadership Bible out of Maxwell's writings for his doctoral proect. Tim was Maxwell's College Minister when Maxwell was pastor of a church in California.

No comments:

Post a Comment