Monday, July 15, 2013

Books to Loan or Give to Students

1. Is God Calling Me? by Jeff Iorg (President of Golden Gate Seminary) this is a super book, short, easy to read and super practical. Give to students asking this question. Give it to students that ought to be asking this question. It is great! If you ever have a chance to hear Iorg speak on this topic...do it....don't skip this session for coffee with a buddy!

2. Saving Your Marriage Before it Starts by Les and Leslie Parrott. I ask every couple I marry to read this book. While I served on a campus, I gave it to every student in our ministry who got engaged. I have helped the Parrotts have a wonderful book income. It is built around 7 practical questions.

Two new books that aren't for mass handout like the previous two, but worthy of loaning to certain students:

1. Stop Asking Jesus Into Your Heart by J. D. Greear. This is a book for students who struggle with doubt or have had multiple conversions.

2. Start by Jon Acuff. I think this would be a good book for seniors wrestling with whatmis their next step in life...and seemingly more seniors are there...or your former students who graduated, but are still just hanging out

2 More Thoughts on Books:
1. Its better to give a book to a student than to loan it.....cause 9 times out of 10, you won't get it back! Or, get a long log chain and attach to it.

2. If you have not read Andy Stanley's book, 7 Practices of Effective Ministry....why haven't you? Short...easy to read and I felt like it may have been the most helpful book in my ministry that I ever read! Maybe, I didn't read enough books or the right books....but!

No comments:

Post a Comment