1. STUDENT RELATIONSHIPS ARE A PLUS AND A MINUS.
The easiest students to invite and most likely to come to a College Ministry are those who have a relationship to someone already part of the ministry. Students also will drop out of a ministry due to relationship issues.....such as boyfriend/girlfriend break ups. A friend squabble can totally divide a ministry.
2. A COLLEGE MINISTER MUST ADMINISTRATE TO MULTIPLY.
Campus Ministers tend to be people oriented and let administration slide. Good administration organizes, equips, and funds others to minister. Administration does not take away from a ministry; it multiplies it.
3. THE PEOPLE MOST LIKELY TO CONTRIBUTE TO YOUR MINISTRY ARE THOSE WHO HAVE ALREADY DONE SO.
A small gift well used and obviously appreciated often leads to a larger gift or to more similar ones.
4. COLLEGE CAMPUS OFFICIALS HELP THOSE THEY SEE AS A FRIEND AND PARTNER.
Administrators and Administrative Assistants literally hold the keys to the campus and can open or close doors for you. You don't have time to not have a positive relationship with those who operate the campus.
5. A MINISTRY REFLECTS BOTH THE STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES OF IT'S LEADER.
Allow others to fill your weak spots. Not everyone needs to graduate looking just like you.
6. YOU CAN SHARE CHRIST WITH A WORLD LEADER.
When you share Christ with an International student, you might just be talking to a future Prime Minister, defense Minister or Secretary of State.
7. YOU ATTRACT WHAT YOU ARE.
Be who and what you are trying to connect to your ministry. Late, unorganized College Ministers do not attract visionary, focused students.
8. MUSIC, LIGHTS, ACTION: THE QUALITY OF YOUR LARGE GROUP EVENT MATTERS.
Like it or not, this generation has been exposed to and become accustomed to high quality sound and visual experience. It matters.....just as long as you do not think it is the main or only thing that matters.
9. FEMALE STUDENTS NEED FEMALE ROLE MODELS IN LIFE AND MINISTRY.
The majority of College Ministries are led and staffed by males. Look for ways for the women in your ministry to be exposed to a variety of Christian women role models.
10. THE BEST COLLEGE MINISTERS HAVE A PLAN.
The plan may adjust and change as they go. But, they have some place they are trying to go and they communicate that plan to students continually. Make a plan and communicate it.